|I’m off to Sydney to see my father and get a face-to-face update on his health. Just doing some last-minute packing and watering my little herb garden before I head to the airport.
There’s no time for any substantial blogging, so here’s a bit of light relief.
There are ten facts below. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to read them carefully and try and work out which fact is not true. Nine facts are true, only one is false.
1. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
2. There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: “abstemious” and “facetious.”
3. There are more chickens than people in the world.
4. The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
5. The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
6. Maine is the only American state whose name is just one syllable.
7. Butterflies taste with their feet.
8. There are only three words in the English language which end in “dous”: tremendous, horrendous, and stupendous.
9. “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”.
10. The sentence: “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter of the alphabet.
Posted by Kurma on 6/12/07; 3:14:39 AM