|Took a brisk walk around Aldenham. The Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, Aldenham has stood here, in some capacity, for over a thousand years. Like many other old church buildings it has grown bit by bit over the centuries, while the surroundings have changed very little over that time.
The settlement of Aldenham is mentioned in the Domesday Survey of 1086. A Saxon church stood on the site of the present building.
The building is steeped in history and prayer. Worship has been offered to God in this place for many, many generations.
Posted by Kurma on 15/7/05; 7:40:55 AM from the Travel dept.